Mandates of the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSSAP-SDGs)
Strategic Direction, Planning andÂ Coordination
- Provide leadership and guidance on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Coordinate and integrate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into Nigeriaâ€™s national development plans and priorities and develop an actionable framework for implementation at the national, state & local government levels.
- Serve as the secretariat to the Presidential Committee on the Assessment and Monitoring of the SDGs (PCAM-SDGs)
Representation, Advocacy and Partnership Development
- Consult regularly with all key stakeholders such as the Public Sector, State Governments, Local Governments, Civil Society Organizations, Private Sectors, Non-Governmental Organizations, Development Partners, Academia, amongst others, to ensure collaboration across sectors in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the SDGs.
- Provide regular sensitization and advocacy on Sustainable Development Goals activities to the general public.
- Partner with the private sector and multilateral agencies in developing a Public Private Partnership (PPP) mechanism for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Provide capacity building and technical support to relevant stakeholders on Sustainable Development Goals programmes and projects.
- Participate and contribute to policy discussions at regional and global dialogues on Sustainable Development.
Resource Mobilization and Management
- Engage the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Budget and National Planning as well as the Debt Management Office for the effective deployment of the Virtual Poverty Fund/Debt Relief Gains for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals programmes.
- Implement a matching grant mechanism for State and Local Governments to facilitate social, economic and environmental interventions in order to accelerate the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Documentation and Reporting
- Compile and update annual Sustainable Development Goals Reports
- Present quarterly reports to the Presidential Committee on the Assessment and Monitoring of the SDGs and other key stakeholders on progress towards achieving the SDGs targets nationwide.
- Develop a National Monitoring and Evaluation framework with an accompanying set of National Indicators to track progress, ensure accountability and allocate resources accordingly.
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Budget and National Planning, the National Bureau of Statistics and other relevant MDAs in the planning, reporting and tracking of progress on sustainable development goals.